A 60-bed acute care facility's excellent ROI-7 Solutions Success Story
• The hospital wanted the assurance and predictability of ROI-7 Solutions' contractually guaranteed ROI in excess of 7 to 1.
• Further, ROI-7 Solutions contractually guaranteed that the 7 to 1 ROI was achievable without layoffs. This was a very important issue where this community hospital is the largest employer in an already financially-impaired industrial state.
With ROI-7 Solutions' patented algorithmic filter and on-site consultants, the Hospital selected and sequenced numerous, savings/revenue-generating Solutions. This process facilitated ROI-7 Solutions' resource expense optimization approaches and resource use effectiveness techniques. ROI-7 Solutions produced substantial savings and new net revenues on a predictable and guaranteed basis:
The following is believed to have contributed to the hospital's success:
• A highly motivated and engaged hospital management team, starting with the CEO.
• An effective, internal process for ROI-7 Solutions' Solution implementation teams, led by the Hospital's ROI-7 Solutions' executive champions.
• The use of ROI-7's Project Worksheet for team meetings and updates for the Hospital's executive team.
• An impetus for change: the executive team is on assignment from the Hospital's parent company – a nationally-recognized 500 bed hospital, which very much cared for the well-being of the ROI-7 Solutions client Hospital.
Further factors that contributed to this accelerated success:
• A culture of dedication to the Hospital and eagerness to see it thrive.
• A thorough assessment of facility and department interviews by ROI-7 consultants to determine the best ROI-7 Solutions that would provide "quick wins", i.e., early and large savings/revenues, to establish credibility for the program, while gaining buy-in.
• A focus on Solutions for "Amnesty", Transfer DRGs and Inventory Management proved highly financially advantageous.
• Monthly consultant site visits with ROI-7 Solutions' team leaders and executive champions. Scheduled debriefing meetings with consultants and executive champions at the end of each site visit to discuss progress and barriers to implementation.
• Consultant follow-up with each Solution team leader in between site visits to remain on track with Solution implementation, providing coaching when necessary. Positive feedback to Solution team leaders, with emphasis on "their" success, not ROI-7 Solutions'.
• Consultant facilitation with vendors to ensure collaboration and timely responses to client.